Re: nuArc 26-1K - initial setup, calibration, testing...

From: G Guhan Gunaratnam <guruguhan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 00:22:54 -0400

Hey Mark,

Thanks. I guess I just thought the light would come on faster than what I
was expecting with metal halide, I donıt know where I got that presumption.
I understand that the integrator accounts for this, how can I test if the
integrator is measuring accurately (if the photo diode is a dud)? Or is it
ok as long as it is consistently inaccurate (Iıd rather avoid this).

I read another archive thread by Sandy where he had an issue exposing four
sheets of the same neg in a row, where the fourth sheet showed much more
density than the first. John Cremati made a few comments, among them saying
that one could add a manual shutter using aluminum.

When does one know to pull the shutter (I guess you need to do testing to
find out when your bulb has reached its maximum output?). Iım just curious
about this, I donıt think Iıll be in a situation where Iıll be printing in
such succession for a while.

Thanks again,
Gu