Re: HDR Photography: gimmick or reality?

From: Jon Lybrook <jon_at_terabear.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:51:38 -0600

Jonathan Danforth wrote:

>In my opinion, well done HDR images show what we
> really see as opposed to what the camera sees.

Reminds me of Stan Brakhage's approach to filmmaking. He said the
jittery images he made on film were meant to be more like what the human
eye was really doing (and seeing) than the conventions we were used to
via camera techniques standardized on by the motion picture industry.
e.g., the eye never pans a room like in the movies. It jumps, from
point to point....

Jon