Re: Blue-Black Cyanotype & Luster

From: henk thijs ^lt;henk.thijs@hetnet.nl>
Date: 10/04/05-07:29:07 AM Z

Op 4 okt 2005 om 15:18 heeft Dave Rose het volgende geschreven:

> Try printing a cyanotype/gum combination. Multiple printings with gum
> will
> create a luster or sheen, particularly in the shadow areas.

In that case the question is :
Why a cyanotype at all ?
I also tried to tone cyanotypes to try to get some dark-blues, and
after several tries I just switched to gum with prussianblue (or
whatever blue) with ebony black (or whatever black). Lots of
combinations, lots of different dark-blues.
The luster.........(desirable the appearance in water)..........; apart
from oil- and bromoil prints I never got a real nice 'luster', and when
you follow the different threads during 10 years of alt-list , there is
no real method.
Bon courage,
Henk