Re: Pyro Developers

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 04/04/04-02:20:48 PM Z

Carl,

I don't disagree with you about the importance of tone. And one could
also add that subject matter and lighting are more important than
sharpness. But I would like to have all of these qualities with as
much apparent sharpness as possible. I have never made a negative
that I though was too sharp, though I have bunch of them that are not
sharp enough.

Of course resolution and sharpness don't always go hand in hand.
Adjacency effects and local as well as micro-contrast are just as
important, if not more so, than resolution in creating the impression
of sharpness, which is after all quite subjective.

Sandy