Re: BIG

First, "Nightwatch" is not under glass. Just saw it in the spring.
It is large, but it is stunning! Worth a trip to Amsterdam just to
see it, but don't miss the Anne Frank house if you go.

Second, I do not believe that art imitates life, but art is reality.
Also I do not believe as some do that art is what artists do. What
I do believe is that art is an idea. For us it is a visable representation
of an idea or thought and therefore, it exists as
reality. (see Descartes)

Third, great art is art that results in an emotional response on the
part of the individual exposed to it. It is also something that one
returns to again and again because you want to and because the concept
cannot be grasped in one simple exposure.

Those are my thoughts and I am

Bob Schramm