Re: BIG

SNIP
>One portion of proxemics deals with a person's response to objects at
>various distances, basically close (intimate), medium (personal), and
>far (social).

I find the consideration of different image sizes within these parameters
indeed intersting: could you, Jeffrey, explain the difference between
"personal" and "social"?

>For example, an Arab's
>personal distance would be that close enough to smell one's breath,
SNIP

This is NOT against you, Jeffrey, I take it that you just read this example
elsewhere, and rendered it because of its catchiness. But still, let me
point out that it is blatantly discriminating, an example of the subtle
defamations which regrettably are quite frequent even in mainstream
science. Again, NO personal attack whatsoever implied!

Lukas