Carbon blacks

From: KEMAL DELIC (deli@swipnet.se)
Date: 12/28/00-03:13:02 PM Z

Dear list friends,

I have been experimenting some time with carbon
printing and I am easy geting the prints without any
major flaws. My pigment is 10 ml of Rowney
Kandahar black indian drawing ink per liter of 10%
gelatin solution. I did also some tests with 2 g carbon
black powder per liter of solution. My negatives have
a density range of 1.9 and the sensitizing solution is
3.5% potassium dichromate.

My question to the carbon printers is:

How do you get good blacks?!!

My silver prints have much better blacks then carbon
prints made on the same fixed out paper.
Should I just take it or leave it?

Thanks,

Kemal, Sweden