Re: Back-exposing on plastic (was: Re: Gum transfer

From: Sandy King <sanking_at_clemson.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 14:13:57 -0400

In fact there was once a tricolor carbon printing process in which
cyan, magenta and yellow tissues on plastic were exposed from the
back and then mounted together to form the final image. It was called
Belcolor and was used in the 1940s. Later a striping material was
marketed which allowed the part reliefs to be transferred to paper.

Sandy