Re: yupo and gum

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 03/10/06-11:31:51 AM Z

On Mar 9, 2006, at 11:40 AM, Katharine Thayer wrote:
> I was experimentig with yupo for gum for about a year, and reported
> some of those experiments here and showed some of the results, but
> I don't know if they are still out there on my site, because I
> can't remember what I named those pages.

I found a page on this topic dated November 2004, if anyone is
interested in looking at some of my more or less unsuccessful
experiments at printing gum on yupo. If I go back to this, my
interest will be more in trying to exploit the running and oozing
effect, rather than continuing the experiments where I was trying
to give the plastic more tooth. I was fascinated with the effect on
plain, untreated yupo, as in the top left image. The gum emulsion
gave the appearance of being one with the glossy surface, much like a
photograph printed on RC paper, but the image is obviously not quite
a photographic image. This effect would no doubt be of more interest
to folks who are working in a more experimental and less photographic
mode, than vice versa.

http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/html/Yupo.html

Katharine