Dry Plates

From: William Barnett-Lewis <wlewisiii_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:46:24 -0500

Ryuji,

Since you're up and talking about these various issues, my biggest alt
interest is learning how to create dry gelatin plates - say panchro at
a max of ISO25. I don't expect film to be an issue while I'm alive
(I'm in my 40s) but it may well be in my son's lifetime. From all the
reading I've done, that level seems to be the make or break point for
the home brew emulsion to be worth the effort from a cost/time/result
analysis. The POP stuff can wait till I've blessed him with too many
glass plates ... :)

Towards that end, may I ask for a bit of reading material that you
think might help? Patents, books, etc? I recently learned of the E. J.
 Wall book of 1929 on emulsions as well as your dismissal of it. Yet,
I"m broke. Is there anything better online that I've missed? Or are
there things I can learn from that book if I keep other issues in mind
for later?

Thank you very much,

William

--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.