RE: palladium drydown and developer (albumen & collodion)

From: Loris Medici <mail_at_loris.medici.name>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 22:44:16 +0300

I intend to not correspond with him anymore. As long as he continues
his practice revealed / described by David, Witho, Don... that is. I
got really tired of him.

BTW, as another subect: I intend to buy the .PDF file he sells in
order to make an objective review of his method (and a very detailed
comparison using all three cyanotype formulas on at least three
different papers). Sincerely, I'm ready to congratulate / "chapeau"
him for his achievement *if the rex method works exactly as claimed*.

The problems are:

- There's no supporting evidence either in his website and in our
various exchanges (as Don points out, he never claimed any absolute
information whether the new method rivals - or even equals - the
former methods in dmax and contrast + the arguments he puts forward
against the new method are childish / exaggerated - seriously
handicapping his credibility), I definitely don't like to throw around
hard-earned money...

- How am I supposed to do a credible / extensive review / comparison
without revealing copyrighted information?

- If it comes out that the rex method is no good / it can't do things
what Terry claimed pretentiously, I presumably will have to deal with
his unfounded accusations / attacks against my knowledge, capability
ect. - Which I think should be out of question in the light of the
prints I've made / exhibited / selled / shared with you using both the
classic and new methods (+ my experience with other iron-based
processes). A quite troublesome / disturbing situation... Well, even
if it comes out I'm really incapable, this alone is enough to show
that the rex process is not so good... I mean if one person like me
who's very capable in making successful / beatiful prints using the
techniques enclosed in square brackets [cyanotype (classic / new /
full & split toned), vandyke, argyrotype, pop palladium] can't do
successful prints with the rex process, that is a clear evidence of
the fact that there's something wrong with the process.

About expelling Terry out of the list: I think it's a too hard measure
to take for the current situation (this is the sensible/logical part
of me writing, my emotional part is with Don). Anyway, just disregard
him when he starts writing nonsense and/or he plays his famous game...
Let him alone with his buffoonery when he does so.

Regards,
Loris.

----- Message from dstevenbryant@mindspring.com ---------