Re: Contact Printing Frames

From: John Brewer <john_at_johnbrewerphotography.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:08:47 +0100

Camden

You may be able to afford a vacuum frame, I got mine free. Actually I got an
old Repromaster process camera. These things aren't used much now and are so
heavy people who don't want them sometimes have difficulty in getting rid of
them. My metal work skills are close to zero and I have limited DIY power
tools, but from a Repromaster 2000 I've adapted the top which is a vacuum
press to suit my needs. I've also managed to make a UV light box from 4 face
solaria (garage sales:) ) and the base of the process camera for about $50.
Not bad for a days work.

Process cameras are very very heavy though.

John.

www.johnbrewerphotography.com

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anaïs Nin.