exposure lights and re-introduction

From: Laura Valentino <laura_at_this.is>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:56:46 +0000

Hi All,
I put alt-photo making on the back burner for a few years, but after
attending a "sampler" alt-photo printing class in London this summer my
creative juices were awakened and I'm anxious to start back up where I
left off! I was on this list before and it's nice to see I still
reconize a few names here.

So here's the question: Can someone recommend a supplier of lighting
fixtures in Europe? I want to do gum printing and am thinking about
metal halide grow lights. I need the european standard, 220V/50Hz
preferably with a european plug. I suppose changing the plug is not too
big a deal, so I could also order from the UK, but I'd prefer something
I could just "plug and play". I live in Iceland. You'd think that in a
country where everything is grown in greenhouses that I could buy these
lights here, but nooooo! :)

Any comments on other types of lighting for gum printing would be
welcome too. I've looked through the archives, but it mostly comes down
to, Where can I buy the lights!

Thanks!
Best Regards,
Laura