Re: Gum print sizing voodoo!! HELP!!

From: sam wang <stwang_at_clemson.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 09:09:08 -0400

Carmen,

Your best bet is to get the chemicals to wipe off the Sharpie marks.
Buy that from an office supply store. Your gum should be able to
withstand that.

If you do want to reprint, you probably need to wait till the paper is
free of the gelatin hardening agent, whatever it is. I have no
experience with either of the ones you are using, but when I was
hardening with formaldehyde, I had to wait for days before using the
paper. Otherwise the gum gets all hardened as well - just like what
occurred to yours.

The third way to resolve this problem is to show it as it is - and to
claim, as some of my students would say, "I wanted it that way - ain't
I a genius?!"

Good luck.

Sam Wang