Re: Lumin prints tests

From: Andy Duncan ^lt;duncanad45@gmail.com>
Date: 09/06/05-09:43:28 PM Z

I actually spoke with Burchfield this March at the National Society for
Photographic Education Conference, and he did say that he fixed his images,
then they were scanned.
Another thing I forgot to mention, is that with plants that have a VERY high
moisture content (i.e. aquatic plants, like many of mine have been, and many
of Burchfields are), the paper buckles and warps and the wet emulsion side
of the paper comes into contact with glass, and if left long enough, the
gelatin coating of the paper makes an excellent glue that is near impossible
to remove, and it ends up tearing the emulsion off of the paper base. I've
been trying different methods to solve this problem, but haven't come up
with anything yet. I've tried placing cardboard, printing blotter paper,
newspaper, paper towels, towels, and tissue under the paper to maybe absord
some of the moisture off the emulsion, but nothing has worked. I'm thinking
I'm just going to have to live with it. Although, there was one print that
had glued itself to the glass and I used a razor blade to kind of scrape the
emulsion off the glass, and it worked out fine. But that print wasn't fused
as bad as some others that have gotten glued. It's very frustrating.
I've been working on getting all of my prints scanned and corrected to put
up on my website. As soon as I get that done (hopefully this weekend), I
will post it on here.

Good luck,
Andy