Re: OT: Response to Richard Corbett's comments about New Orleans

From: Linda Briscoe Myers ^lt;briscoe@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: 09/01/05-08:24:14 AM Z

Thank you Harry Smart! I too am extremely offended by this
statement, and am delurking to say so. This smacks of the remarks
made by the so-called religious right about post 9/11 NYC--that
those people somehow brought it on themselves because of their
lifestyles. Both observations are most un-Christian. New Orleans
has more spirit and soul than nearly any other city I've been to, and
deserves nothing less than our most fervent prayers and/or best
secular thoughts, and donations as each can afford.

Linda Briscoe Myers
Austin