Re: Agfa to close doors/Agfa Scala question

From: david drake ^lt;daviddrakephoto@sympatico.ca>
Date: 10/26/05-04:15:31 PM Z

hello

I use Agfa Scala film as the original for the Van Dyke process. The
lab which processed Scala here in Toronto has also stopped (it was
the only one in Canada). However, there is another option:
http://www.dr5.com/scala.html
Dr5 lab (recently relocated to L.A.) processes virtually any type of
B&W film as positive transparency with their reversal process. They
also process Scala and say that they "will continue to process Scala
till it is gone".
I have not used dr5 but they say that their process produces better
results than the standard Scala process.

david
ps my first post on this wonderful mail list. I'm very excited to be
a part of this.

On 26-Oct-05, at 4:51 PM, TalCshare@aol.com wrote:

> I use Agfa Scala with direct positive processing occasionally for
> positives for ambrotypes made with an enlarger. The mailers for the
> film that I get from B&H Photo are sent to Color Reflections in
> Miami. Their phone is not working (probably hurricane Wilma
> related) and when I call the parent office of the company in
> Houston I can't seem to get a straight answer as to whether they
> will continue to process the film if Agfa goes under. Today the
> person I fianally got an answer from said that it is processed C-41
> to create positive transparencies. Does anyone know if this is
> really true?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Meredith

david drake photography