RE: VDB

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 10/17/05-01:50:49 AM Z

Hi again,

"...There's TOO MUCH D-max in silver gelatin and quadtone inkjet, so it
ruins
you..."

Definitely, but I must add that I'm very happy with the Dmax I get with
Cyanotype 2 and Ziatype. Actually, what I don't like in Vandyke printing
is the fact that I can't get "acceptable Dmax" with just one coat...
Having to lay two coatings is boring.

"...maybe that "dedicated brush" is one of the
kind that just lays on enough emulsion for platinum? A foam applicator
may
slosh on more fluid, possibly the total amount in one coat you get with
two?...

Well, I use 1ml of sensitizer per coat for print size around 7x11. Do
you find this too little?

I didn't understand the issue with fixer... You're saying if I try to
fix an extra 1 min. I may get more Dmax? I don't experience bleaching
when fixing my VDB prints (maybe because I use a very weak fixer -
albeit change it every 3 or 4 prints - and fix for a very short time)...

Regards,
Loris.