Re: Making Albumen Solution with Kodak Indicator Stop

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 11/28/05-04:10:45 PM Z

Richard,
Thank you. You're right, of course! Kodak Indicator Stop I believe is 50 per
cent (dilute 1:63) . Just to add to my confusion several albumen formulas
list "glacial" acetic acid at 28%, some formulas refer to it simply as just
"glacial" which one would assume meant 99.5 percent, unless they're
referring to chemically produced as opposed to natural acetic acids. I
wonder how much of the use of acetic acid is "historic" and how much is
chemically necessary? Perhaps other acids would serve just as well.

~m