Re: The value of the handmade

From: Pam Niedermayer ^lt;pam@pinehill.com>
Date: 03/15/05-03:30:11 PM Z

David Pye calls it the workmanship of risk. It doesn't matter so much
what you use or how you make the image. It does matter how well it's
designed and built, and the care you take with it. Do you deal with each
image as itself or do you crank them out in a machine at the One Hour
Photo? In woodworking, it's do you crank out hundreds of butt-jointed
plywood coffee tables every day that fall apart in a year or do you
lovingly craft a beautiful hard wood table with proper joinery to last a
couple hundred years. Do you risk failure?

Pam