RE: Organization of CDs

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 07/28/05-02:44:06 PM Z

Neil, It is the creation of that cd, the one for temp or mobile use, that
can become part of the issue as well. There is the scan and the generation
of retouched files. And as we have seen, new ink jet methods for making
digital negs. These require a new curve, dpi, or other adjustment many
times. Do you trash the old file toward the new output or add it to the
collection of files for image X? Acquiring images can sometimes be from an
outside source; scans from a service lab that has multiple image types.

It sometimes boggles the mind. I am trying to pick the brains of those that
work with archives for "the system". Joachim good luck. I too have separate
shelves for program files and image files. But if you do work for other
people you also need to have your shelves and their shelves if you offer any
back ups for them.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9