Re: Comments please?

From: Hamish Stewart ^lt;hamish.stewart@gumphoto.demon.co.uk>
Date: 07/24/05-09:33:03 AM Z

Kate,

Lovely images - I especially respond to the gestural quality in the prints -
they just seem to flow...

They also remind me of the one the great beauties of gum printing which is
the texture created by the hardened gum and pigment. Its a pity we can't
see your prints in the flesh as it were :-)

I have also found the comments about pigment stain an interesting
discussion - I suppose the question is what kind of asthetic do we wish to
achieve with gum printing? I am currently re-printing images I haven't
explored since the late 1990s and I am finding it a challenge to get quite
the same feel as before - I am trying deliberately to create pigment stain
and more intense colour!

Regards

Hamish

Hamish Stewart Gum Bichromate Photographer - http://www.gumphoto.co.uk