Re: tempera interests

From: Alex Chater ^lt;alex.chater@macunlimited.net>
Date: 01/18/05-02:10:44 PM Z

Yes I do use two negs. I feel that it is all a matter of information. You
have latitude in the washing phase so you can compensate to a considerable
degree for over or under exposure. I find that it takes a few coats to get
to strength so you have to build your tonal range on the print. It makes
sense to me to have two negs so you can store your information in two negs
You could even have three, one for the deep shadow one for the mid tones and
one for the highlight. That may be a bit excessive as two seem to do very
well.
I use a tight foam roller commonly sold as glossing rollers. In the UK they
are about 4 inches long and about an inch in diameter The temperaprint
emulsion will sink into the surface of the roller and then you can just
press firmly enough on the roller to coat the yupo. The secret to good
coating is in the pressure, working methodically and observation
I have tried rubber rollers and it all just skates about without any control
at all, the emulsion is just to thin and watery.

'So far I have not been using cmyk but two exposures each of RGB.'

I don't quite follow you. How does this work?

alex