Re: Sizing paper with gum and dichromate

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 12/26/05-08:51:40 AM Z

Hi Loris,
I use a 3% gelatin solution, which is probably 2.8% because I use 4 packets
of 7g each Knox gelatin in a liter of water. Then when that is prepared
(boiled or just heated, depending on whether you forget it on the stove or
not) add 20ml formaldehyde to the mix and brush on. Use right away and toss
what you don't. Rinse brush immediately after use, too.

I have not used formaldehyde for 7 years...
Chris