Re: Tiny Bubbles In The ... Gum

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 08/28/05-11:31:08 AM Z

Hi Michael,
Do you mean bubbles in the emulsion? or that the the coating beads up on
the paper leaving little open spots as you brush it on? I haven't seen
the former, but the latter can be a function of a too-heavy coating of
sizing.

Double-coating wouldn't be advised for gum, since dried gum is
hypersoluble; brushing wet gum over dried gum will just re-dissolve the
dried gum and mess up the coating. Somewhere in the catacombs on my site
I've got an example of this and could probably find it for you if you
were interested in seeing it.

Katharine Thayer