Re: Step Wedge

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 11/11/04-06:40:48 PM Z

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Etienne Garbaux wrote:
>> Second, the accuracy of most shutter systems does not provide the
>> degree of precision necessary to compare different films and determine
>> EFS. You really need some type of light integration for this.

I wonder if I'm understanding you correctly -- in the days when I exposed
film under an enlarger, I had a digital timer that exposed for fractions
of a second -- which, stopped down to f8 or less, seemed to be very little
light. With a voltage stabilizer and blah blah blah, I was led to believe
this was quite consistent. Unless you're not exposing the film, but
material under the film?

J.