RE: obscure arcane knowledge

From: Ken Carney ^lt;kcarney1@cox.net>
Date: 03/26/04-08:07:15 PM Z

You can buy felt pens that purport to be safe for CD's. But actually you
don't have to write anything on them. Most image catalog software imbeds
the serial number of the CD, which you can write on the CD case. If you get
one mixed up, the serial number will display when you put it in the drive.
Obviously, the CD's are stored in serial number order. My guess is that
writing on an "archival" CD-R like the Mitsui with a CD pen will last plenty
long until you migrate to the next big thing.

Regards,

  --Ken Carney
    www.kencarney.com