Re: Hardening gum

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 03/19/04-02:28:01 AM Z

Ryuji Suzuki wrote:

> Can you test the same idea with gelatin or PVA?
> If it works, PVA is probably much easier to use.

I want this to be a joke, the kind of subtle eye-twinkling joke that
shows that you "get" the idea that the different colloids are
different, without making a deal about it. I like that kind of joke.

If it's not a joke, then I'm afraid you're not quite clear yet on the
concept of colloid nonequivalency.

Pigmented gelatin has a particular look. Pigmented PVA has a different
particular look. I don't find those looks beautiful or even interesting.
It's only gum that interests me. They are not interchangeable.

kt