Re: platinum exposure question

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 03/09/04-01:06:18 PM Z

the ratio....15/7/24..... ratio of what? What chemicals are you using? A&
B type Platinum and Ferric Oxalate?

The exposures sound extremely long—bad chemistry? Way too much restrainer?
Negatives that you could watch carbon arc welding through?

Could your Ferric Oxalate be old? Has it been mixed for more than 6 months
or so?

You can speed up PT/PD by using less restrainer and increasing humidity for a
start...

I would think you are reaching reciprocity failure with such long exposure
times....

What is wrong with your light source? Does it need to be rewired? I would
fix that first then take a look at your chemistry...

are you using a standard step wedge in your exposure tests?

With the depletion of the Ozone layer I would think you would be getting
enough UV there to roast prairie dogs or rock chucks....

Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives