Re: paper shrinkage

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 06/25/04-06:37:40 PM Z

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> So I tested it today, and found with just one paper, Arches, the
> shrinkage was at the most, 1/4 inch, in 5 pieces tested. Most shrunk only
> 1/8 inch to 1/16 inch. The 1/4 was the long side (30") on a large uncut
> sheet I let hang, so thus the most shrinkage I saw was under 1 %.

Those are about the amounts of shrinkage I found on several different
papers.

I don't recall seeing the 15% claim anywhere, but it wouldn't surprise me
-- especially in an ominibus-type book, especially if it's by a silver
gelatin person.. Especially the earlier books are full of cut-and-paste--
from each other or the same errant "authority."

Judy