Re: REPRISE OF EDITIONS: VAULT IT NOT DESTROY IT!

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 07/30/04-12:30:30 AM Z

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Bob Kiss wrote:

> ....is anyone old enough to
> remember the artificially created "coffee shortage" that drove prices up
> with the end result that they never quite returned to their original level?

There was also the time the Hunt brothers cornered the market in silver
(supposedly) and for a few months drove the price of silver nitrate and
paper/film up accordingly. Then the price of silver dropped, down to
about $4/oz, but the price of film & paper kept going up. The claim was
made that it was due to energy prices. I think more likely it was just
because they could.

J.