RE: Question(s) for Ziatype practitioners

From: nze christian ^lt;christian_nze@hotmail.com>
Date: 07/27/04-01:45:36 AM Z

Hi Loris

As I wrote before the prints I see on B&S don't show any split tone for me.
But this may be due to my screen.

For me they look more like cold tone print. And i will get such print by
using a following mix:
12 FAO ( feric ammonium Oxalate)
10 LiPD
2 Gold chlroide @5%

A 11 LIPD and 1 AUCL will already give colder tone . You may take care of
the drying , as is the print is to humid you will get a neutral black print
with higher contrast. but with a 50-60% humidity and a force drying with
cold air for 5-10 minutes you will get good cold result.

you could also place the print over vapor after exposure this may build up
the highlight.

I also suggect you do do the clearing face down and to be careful for the 2
first step as if you lt your paper in the water for to long the gold may
tone part of the image.

Acidity of the clearind colution may also change the color fo the print.
Acid bath could turn part of the print purple/pink.

Hope all this help

Amicalement
best regards

Nzé Christian