Re: Question on Metal Halide

From: Ed Stander ^lt;glassact@compuserve.com>
Date: 07/15/04-02:37:37 PM Z

Keith:
  There are a lot of lamps for metal halide units. I have a 5000 watt unit
made by Olec, and have tried three different bulbs with it. The 1550 bulb
is the slowest, the 1562 is nearly two stops faster. I guess metal halides
are not all the same.
  By the by, I have a unit here in Albany NY that I have to sell soon as I
am in the process of moving. It's in great shape and might do a fine job
of replacing the Violux. I've found that Olec units produce a much more
consistent and wider spread of light than the Theimer units, allowing one
to place it closer to the artwork. If you (or anyone else) is interested,
please contact me offlist. If you live close enough, I can even throw in a
38x45 nuarc vacuum unit. Best - Ed