Re: Editioning

From: steves ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 07/03/04-05:35:20 PM Z

It IS a great method for editioning.

But what is the purpose for editioning in the first place?

It seems that with a change intechniques or quality, numbering may be an
interesting factor in the reasoning for editioning.

If it's to create a value, you must weight the importance of your buying
public.

I found a reason and method that works for me. Bear in mind, Edward Weston
kept a log as he printed on request, additional prints he made for
collectors that show his most popular picture was the Pepper #40. That one,
according to Kim who took the time to go through his grandfather's logs. To
my knowledge, none of his prints were numbered.

Steve Shapiro