Re: humidity in your darkroom........

From: Jan Kapoor ^lt;jkapoor@jankapoor.net>
Date: 01/12/04-05:36:04 PM Z

This is an interesting topic! I have recently noticed deteriorating
quality in my plat/palladium prints, and now I think its the lack of
humidity, from reading this discussion. What type of humidifier is
best-- cool mist, warm mist or evaporation? I think maybe the
evaporative type, because it might be less likely to deposit mineral
particles on surfaces in the darkroom? Right now, after reading some of
your posts, I took my Holmes warm mist unit out of the closet and set it
up in the darkroom, just to have some humidity in there, but maybe I
need a different type unit?

Thanks--

Jan

Fine art photography by Jan Kapoor at www.jankapoor.net
Pinhole, large format, alternative printing processes and digital imagery