Re: Some temperaprint questions - beware! these are dummy,beginners questions

From: Dave Soemarko ^lt;fotodave@dsoemarko.us>
Date: 02/04/04-08:50:40 AM Z

Hi Loris,

I followed this discussion. It looks like maybe you are not interpreting the
instructions correctly. Here is a few observations:

1. Unless Pete changed his instruction, the original instructions use liquid
acrylic. It sounds like you are using regular acrylic. Is that true? If so,
the proportion of acrylic to the sensitizer might be too high.

2. The coating on the RC paper should be on the back side, not the gelatin
side. The idea is to use the plastic/resin.

3. To coat using the foam roller, you should roll in the "emulsion" and then
roll on a piece of glass or tile, like you would do the inking in
printmkaing; and then from the glass/tile, you roll to the yupo or RC paper.
That way you get a really thin and even layer or coating.

I tried Temperaprint 5 or 6 years ago with Pete's help over emails. I got a
nice image on 3rd trial. At that time the synthetic paper Kimdura was hard
to find, so I didn't do much further. Now that Yupo is so easy to get, I
might do some printing with this method.

Dave S