Re: My first Lith Print

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 08/27/04-03:12:32 PM Z

From: Loris Medici <loris_medici@mynet.com>
Subject: My first Lith Print
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:32:59 +0300

> I printed "a friend's photo" today (from a defective negative which
> shows some interesting marks... I think these marks / blemishes add
> something to the photo).

I wanna know how to make that defective negative :-) Looks like
emulsion has a bit cracking coarser than typical reticulation but not
sure.

My friend who does nothing but lith printing often dislikes pinky
highlights of Fortezo and he tones in KRST and then in gold for split
effect. Fortezo in lith printing gives somewhat lower Dmax but
selenium helps a bit as well. Fortezo is known to split tone very
well with KRST and gold.

Fortezo is a beautiful paper but one serious problem is that it's such
a trouble to dry it flat. Once you deal with Fortezo, Agfa MCC is
almost like an RC paper.

It looks lithy enough, but if you want more lithy effect, try to slow
agitation a bit (wait for a few more moments between rocking the tray).

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You have to realize that junk is not the problem in and of itself.