Re: New Cyanotype - my first unsuccessful attempt

From: Scott Wainer ^lt;swphoto@verizon.net>
Date: 08/19/04-02:07:08 PM Z

It may have to do with the chemical structure of the new formula. As Dr.
Ware points out in his book on cyanotype, the new formula forms a lattice
structure that can hold and bind other chemical molicules. It may be that
citric acid is retained and reacts with the chemistry or the paper over a
period of time and causes fading. Nitric and hydrochloric acids might not be
retained as strongly as citric acid and therefore cause less fading. I am
not a chemist so this is all conjecture on my part.

Scott