densitometer problem; new Kodak packaging and labelling

From: shannon stoney ^lt;sstoney@pdq.net>
Date: 11/05/03-11:25:56 AM Z

I have an old, used densitometer that I got from Mr Pass about three
years ago. It looks like it might be from the seventies. Recently,
it has been giving me different readings than it did at first, off
the same step tablet. I calibrated it, but still, the readings toward
the bottom are pretty off, whereas the ones on the higher steps are
about the same as they used to be. Can step tablets "fade"? Or is
my densitometer in need of repair?

Speaking of sensitometry: does the new Kodak terminology for films,
and the new packaging, mean that the times will all be different for
films like Tri-X in its sheet film form? What used to be called TXT
is now apparently called TXP or sometimes 320 TXP.

--Shannon