Re: Gum Pigments

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 07/25/03-04:09:14 PM Z

> Now, hopefully, Stuart and Clay
> and Kerik will add to this burgeoning basis by being vocal or more
> vocal--about gum in particular (in other words, Kerik and Clay, if I

As alluded to earlier, I definitely have experience with repetitive
strain injuries in regards to gum printing.

  Plus I have a list of don't do's : such as sizing with liquitex
acrylic matte medium undiluted, forgetting to put dichromate in your
mix before laying down a coat (Although, as I related to Stuart, I
actually saved this by just coating the proper amount of saturated
ammonium dichromate onto the dried gum and then letting that dry. A
'Hail Mary Pass' to be sure, but it did work)

So, I guess I'll be comic relief.

Clay