Re: GUM TESTING

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 07/15/03-01:15:47 AM Z

martinm wrote:

> A great many issues of your discussion about dichromates might be
> enlightened in the context
> of "DCG". Have a look at the references at
> http://www.xmission.com/~ralcon/dcg-refs.html

Actually I doubt whether any of that would enlighten our discussion; at
least a quick perusal of the titles shows nothing that appears to
relate to this discussion or even to gum printing in general. If you've
read this literature and know of specific information from it that you
think would be useful in our context, please bring it to our attention.

P.S. If you're interested, there is a body of literature that's closer
to our concerns than the literature you've pointed to, but it also
relates to gelatin rather than to gum, and it also doesn't address the
questions we're discussing here. But if you're really interested in
dichromated colloids in alternative photography, you should have a look
at the chapter on dichromated colloids in Jaromir Kosar's
"Light-Sensitive Systems: chemistry and application of nonsilver halid
photographic processes."

Katharine Thayer