Re: grayscale conversion to RGB

From: Alan Bucknam (alan@notchcode.com)
Date: 02/09/03-11:24:44 PM Z

I learned this way back in the era of photoshop 3....haven't tried the
grayscale conversion Action mentioned in another post....but sounds
nice.

The green channel technique comes in when scanning a color image and
wanting to convert it to grayscale...the old-school scanner operator I
was working for (a former pressman/stripper) showed me the technique,
and said it was better than simply scanning something in grayscale
because (at the time) you got more information to start with in color.
Now, this was before the era of anything above 16-bit single-channel
scanning, so perhaps this technique is moot today :)

-Alan