Re: HD developper

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 12/30/03-09:44:26 AM Z

Damiano,

Thanks for the report.

The stain density, which measures most in blue channel, provides
increased density to the scanner and indicates much greater contrast
than would be the case with a traditional negatives. What you need to
do is set the software to produce softer results. I scan Pyrocat-HD
negatives in grayscale using Vuescan software and set the filter for
a negative with a CI of about .81.

The other solution would be to just use the green channel image and
discard the blue and red.

Best,

Sandy