Kallitype problems

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@mindspring.com)
Date: 08/17/03-09:46:02 PM Z

Last night I was making kallitype test prints with inkjet negatives on to
Clearprint vellum and after processing the first print I had horrible
results. The "bad" prints seemed to be fogged throught out the print even in
areas that should have been paper white.

I started printing with fresh never used sodium citrate and toned prior to
fixing with lithium palladium toner. Clearing was done in a 3 % citric acid
bath.

After 5 8x10 ish prints the developer had an heavy grey color to it, much
more than I've seen before with an equivalent number of prints. Perhaps the
paper was throwing off some sizing but that is only a guess. I've never had
this problem with kallitypes before.

If anyone has any ideas about the "fog" please chime in. I'm stumped.

TIA,

Don Bryant