chromium and gum

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 04/21/03-06:04:40 PM Z

Has anyone experienced problems with chromium pigments and gum? Scopick
says the combination causes bleaching and staining, and he references Laura
Blacklow, but Blacklow does not say there will be bleaching and staining,
just problems with chromium colors. I have not found this with chromium
green oxide, viridian...anyone have problems or is this a non-truth? I
found in Wall that he recommended chrome yellow way back when as one of the
pigments to use. Demachy did say that some pigments for whatever unknown
reason either cause the solution to become totally insoluble or totally
soluble.
     I think I may have asked this question before not too long ago, and I
know Katharine replied, but I don't remember if anyone else did or not, so
excuse me if I ask again. I'm just thinking this is really a non-issue,
bottom line. I guess I need to go buy a tube of chromium yellow and find
out :)
Chris