Re: Mixing a light pigment for gum and now acrylic medium

From: Jack Brubaker (jack@jackbrubaker.com)
Date: 04/15/03-12:59:10 PM Z

Chris,

Your mixing apples and oranges. The Golden varnish I got the best results
with as a size was the SATIN. The glossy is too glossy from my experience
but the matte can have additives that aren't friendly to letting the gum
stick. Most any material that is labeled Flat or Matte has so much stuff in
it to achieve that surface that other qualities often suffer. I use Krylon
Crystal Clear spray on some of my iron work to protect it from dampness that
will rust it. I then spray the matte Krylon over that to get the surface I
want. If I spray the matte on withut the clear the steel will rust the first
humid day!

Jack