Re: Korona 5x12 Banquet Camera

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 09/20/02-10:24:45 PM Z

Arthur wrote:

><PRE>Price was $1950. That's quite a bit, but probably worth that money, INHO.
>Arthur

I agree. With the extension rail and 11 holders this 5X12 camera
outfit looks to be worth the money, especially if the holders are in
good condition. The 5X17 Korona is much less common than her bigger
brothers, the 7X17 and 12X20, and is not seen often on ebay. I think
one would expect to see a 5X12 camera go for $600-900 on ebay, and
the way you describe this one I think the upper end is reasonable. As
for holders, Quality Camera Company in Atlanta will be retailing
holders of this size soon at about $295 per holder.

The interesting thing about the 5X12 is that it has an aspect ratio
almost identical to the 7X17, and close to the 8x20. I think it is
perfect for small contact prints, and with a good lens who knows what
kind of quality you could get from a scan of a negative of this
size!! And, my goodness, you could backpack this camera with less
weight than the very boring 8X10 format.

Sandy King