Book(s) query

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@attbi.com)
Date: 10/23/02-08:57:20 AM Z

Dear Group:
  A student asked me yesterday if I knew of a book, or books, on teaching in
an art school or environment. Gee, good question . . so I am asking you.
 They elaborated upon the question by saying, "You know, what is a student
supposed to learn? What is a teacher supposed to teach? What is expected of
the student in terms of their knowledge and practice?"
I thought of 'Criticizing Photographs' by Terry Barret but was stymied. Yes,
we know of the heuristic and/or empirical plan/method and I could go on and
elaborate regarding what I know, understand and feel. However, the question
remains asking are there books on the subject.
  Thanks for any replies.
  Jack Fulton