Re: Developer formula for "Lumiere's pyrogallol-ammonia developer"...

From: nze christian (christian_nze@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/12/02-12:39:49 AM Z

hello all

The lippman process is a color photography proces which use only one sheet
of black and white film. The film (Lippman film also called without grain
film)(extremly thin and fine grain, could be compare to mammography film in
characteristic) is back with a mercury mirror. the interference between the
to image create by the direct image and the reflected image create a color
one. The color image could be seen by placing the negative on a black sheet
of paper and playing with the reflexion. at a certain point you'll see a
color image which treuly reflect the natural color without any distorsion.

I saw some last year, with R. Sullivan, at the SFP. These are small lipmann
, but nice to play with.

>From: Garry Lewis <glewis@ftw.nrcs.usda.gov>
>To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
>Subject: Re: Developer formula for "Lumiere's pyrogallol-ammonia
>developer"...
>Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:52:01 -0500
>
> > Curious: What are the qualities of this developer? Film or paper?
>
> >Film (Lippmann emulsions).
> >Martin
>
>FROM-
>Encyclopedia of Photography; 1974;pg 340-341
>
>Lippmann's process-
>
>the developer recommended is---
>
>A. 10 % alcoholic solution of Pyro.
>B. Ammon. carbonate 772 grs........... 50 grms.
> distilled water to 10oz. 268mins...... 300 ccs.
>C. 10 % solution of potassium bromide.
>
>For a 7x5 plate (13x18cm) plate, mix freshly of ----
>A. 128 mins................7.5 ccs
>B. 338 " ............... 20 "
>C. 15 drops............. 15 drops
>Distilled water
>1oz. 27 mins........30ccs.
>
> yours putting in my 4 oz. of 10%,
>
> Garry D. Lewis
>GRAIN- is a three dimensional problem.

Amicalement

Nzé Christian
mailto:christian_nze@hotmail.com
http://www.c-nze.com

Next exhibition at Atelier Ph7 - Brussel
October -November 2002

Affichez, modifiez et partagez gratuitement vos photos en ligne: