Re: Pigmented Prints

From: Julian Smart (julian@jsmart.fslife.co.uk)
Date: 11/11/02-02:39:13 PM Z

Don,
I also saw this book and was disappointed that there were no tech. details.
I later found out from someone in the know, that they were monochrome carbro
prints ( a loose pigmented transfer from sg originals). Fabulous pictures
though.
 Looking through a recent Sothebys catalogue I found a print from Sudek
entitled A Walk In The Magic Garden, circa 1960-65. This print is described
as a brown toned gum bichromate print, signed by the artist. A beautiful
feature of the print is the ornate partly gilt, textured paper on which the
print is mounted.This is described as the work of Otto Rothmayer, an
architect and close friend of Sudek. Reserve price was £3000-£5000!!!

Julian.